Nikol Johnson Sanchez’s Life In Pink
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, this supremely chic beauty expert and cosmetics founder—and a lifelong fan of the color pink—offers up ten reasons to wake-up and smell the roses.
The Margot team independently selects all products; however, we may earn an affiliate commission if a purchase is made via our retail links.
Pink is my favorite color. It's feminine, uplifting, and so sophisticated. What can I say, it just makes me happy! And of course, red— I love a bold red. The two shades together are a match made in heaven.
Nikol Johnson Sanchez wants women to age beautifully. It’s a profoundly refreshing concept considering all the unrelenting lip service paid to “anti-aging” messaging and other unattainable beauty standards. And who better to lead the charge than Johnson Sanchez herself, a vibrant and stylish South Florida-based makeup artist, who launched her own makeup brand and studio in 2006, specifically with mature skin types in mind. One doesn’t have to be in her presence for very long to observe her clear passion for the color pink—and rose in all its various forms.
When I was creating my cosmetics line, Nikol Beauty, pink and rose-printed packaging was a natural choice.
1. You can wear this luscious balm as a hydrating primer under lipstick, or on its own.
2. A lively color in a lightweight, non-sticky formula.
3. This cream blush delivers a healthy, sheer glow that’s subtle, but you can also keep adding layers to increase the impact.
4. My favorite, go-to shade of red.
I LOVE the scent of rose in all forms. Whether it’s a fragrance or a scent for the home, I don’t think I’ll ever get bored of it.
Skin & Hair
I'm constantly testing new products to suggest to my readers and followers. Of course, if there’s a rose-infused product out there, I'm all over it. Besides smelling heavenly, rose has incredibly impressive, skin and hair-benefiting properties.
5. This is such a luxuriant balm, and the rose scent always makes me happy—morning or night.
6. Ultra-luxe and made with some of the rarest types of roses.
7. I discovered this hair mist years ago, and always rely on it to help extend my blowouts. It keeps my hair smelling beautiful.
8. Part-shampoo, part-scalp scrub, this is such an interesting, unique product. It gives my hair incredible volume, and needless to say, the scent is divine.
9. This gorgeous fuchsia gown by Carolina Herrera ticks all the boxes: color, the floral-accented sleeves, and high-wattage glamour.
10. Something to hang in the closet.
Back to Margot Shop